Laundry detergents for professional use 093
Nordic Ecolabelled laundry detergents for professional use have properties that meet the following requirements:
– limit the content of substances that are harmful to the environment and health
– prohibit substances that are not readily degraded in the environment or that are bioaccumulative or toxic
– prohibit fragrances and restrict the content of preservatives
– ensure similar effective laundering to that of comparable products with the same function
– ensure effective laundering at low wash temperature where possible, without compromising the chemistry or wash time of the product
– have an optimal dosage that is checked through regular customer visits by the supplier of chemicals to the laundries
For calculations and for more information regarding chemicals, please use:
Fees valid from January 1st, 2019 until further notice
Application fee including one on-site inspection within the Nordic region *) 30 000 SEK excl. VAT. Inspection of four recipes is included in the application fee. For inspection of additional recipes, 7 500 SEK excl. VAT per recipe will be charged. Renewal fee *) 15 000 SEK excl. VAT. Inspection of four recipes is included in the fee. For inspection of additional recipes, 3 750 SEK excl. VAT per recipe will be charged.
Annual licence fee:
Annual Nordic licence fee**) 0,3 % of the licence's annual turnover in the Nordic countries, excl. VAT Minimum fee for the Nordic countries 2 000 EUR annually excl. VAT Maximum fee for the Nordic countries 100 000 EUR annually excl. VAT Annual licence fee outside the Nordic countries (for licence holders with a turnover of more than 300 000 EUR of Nordic Swan ecolabelled products, sold outside the Nordic countries) 2 000 EUR annually excl. VAT
If the Nordic Swan ecolabelled products are only sold outside the Nordic countries, a minimum fee is always charged.
Fee for extensions/alterations of licence:
Extension/alteration of existing licence Should the extension regard inspection of recipes, which are not already included in the licence, 7 500 SEK excl. VAT will be charged per recipe.
Other types of alterations will be charged according to how long it takes to deal with the matter:
- Less than 4 hours: 3 750 SEK excl. VAT
- Between 4 and 8 hours: 7 500 SEK excl. VAT
- More than 8 hours: 15 000 SEK excl. VAT
Fees for on-site inspections:
Extra fee for additional on-site inspection within the Nordic countries 5 000 SEK excl. VAT per visit On-site inspection outside the Nordic region, but within Europe***) 15 000 SEK excl. VAT per visit On-site inspections outside Europe***) 25 000 SEK excl. VAT per visit
Euro rate: The exchange rate of the first day of the year is used to convert amounts in Euro to national currency:
*) Micro enterprises are charged half the fee. A micro enterprise, according to our definition, is a company with a maximum of 10 employees and with a total turnover of €2 000 000 (including both ecolabelled and non-ecolabelled products).
**) Corporations pay only one licence fee
***) There is an extra fee of 1 000 EUR per day if the inspection takes more than one day
Compilation of hearing statementsNorwegian / 3.7
CDV calculation_DID2016English / 3.7
Laundry detergent for prof 093 CDV calculation DID2014English / 3.7
Information on the latest version of the criteria for laundry detergents for professional use
3.6 ⇛ 3.7: Alteration of criteria
An alteration has been made to requirements O21 regarding customer visits. The new version 3.7, is valid until June 30th, 2022.
3.5 ⇛ 3.6: Prolongation of criteria's validity
The validity of the criteria has been prolonged with 6 months. The new version, 3.6, is valid until 30 June 2022.
3.4 ⇛ 3.5: Prolongation of criteria's validity
The validity of the criteria has been prolonged with 18 months. The new version, 3.5, is valid until 31 December 2021.
3.3 ⇛ 3.4: Alteration of criteria
An alteration has been made to requirements O3, O12 and O18 regarding peracetic acid.The new version 3.4, is valid until June 30th, 2020.
3.2 ⇛ 3.3: Prolongation of criteria's validity
The validity of the criteria for Nordic Ecolabelled laundry detergents for professional use has been extended. The new version, 3.3, is valid until June 30th, 2020.
3.1 ⇛ 3.2: Alteration of criteria
- O7: An addition for microfibre textiles in the user test in Appendix 5 was introduced.
The new version 3.2, is valid until March 31st, 2019.
3.0 ⇛ 3.1: Alteration of criteria
- O18, environmentally hazardous substances: Enzyme subtilisin classifíed H411 is exempted from the requirement.
- O30, marketing: Requirement O30 was removed.
- O7: Quartenary ammonium compounds which are readily degradable can be present in laundry detergents for professional use.
The new version, 3.1, is valid until March 31st 2019.
3.0: New criteria generation
New criteria were adopted on March 19th 2014. The new version, 3.0, is valid until March 31st, 2019.
We are so happy you decided to send in an application for the Nordic Swan Ecolabel!
The application process starts by you downloading the application form and filling it in. You then send it to Ecolabelling Sweden.
We will register your application and send you a confirmation. You will also be assigned an advisor who will help you through the application process.
During this process, you will send in documentation that proves that your product can successfully meet each of Nordic Ecolabelling’s requirements for your specific product group.
The application consists of these parts:
- Completed application form
- Documentation Overview
- Documentation showing fulfilment of all requirements according to the criteria document
Once your product has been approved – not before, you have the right to use the Nordic Swan Ecolabel in all your marketing as long as your licence is valid.
We wish you luck with your application and, most importantly, your work towards a more sustainable world!
For more information: "Application step by step"