Grocery Stores 079
The Nordic Ecolabelling of a grocery store means adopting a comprehensive approach to environmental measures to reduce environmental impact. The store shall comply with environmental requirements within a number of different areas including its product range, energy conservation, waste management, transport and consumables.
Fees valid from January 1st, 2019 until further notice
Application fee including one on-site inspection 30 000 SEK excl. VAT. Renewal fee 15 000 SEK excl. VAT.
Annual licence fee:
Annual licence fee 0,05 % of the store's turnover excl. VAT Minimum fee 14 000 SEK annually excl. VAT Maximum fee 40 000 SEK excl. VAT
The maximum fee for a whole chain of stores is 400 000 SEK as long as the fee for each store exceeds 14 000 SEK.
Fee for extensions/alterations of licence:
Extension/alteration of existing licence Fees for alterations will be charged according to how long it takes to deal with the matter:
- Less than 4 hours: 3 750 SEK excl. VAT
- Between 4 and 8 hours: 7 500 SEK excl. VAT
- More than 8 hours: 15 000 SEK excl. VAT
Fees for on-site inspections:
Extra fee for additional on-site inspection 5 000 SEK excl. VAT per visit
RemissammanställningNorska / 3.3
Information on the latest version of the criteria for grocery stores
3.2 ⇛ 3.3: Prolongation of criteria
The criteria have been prolonged with 18 months and are valid to 30 June 2022. The new version is called 3.3.
3.1 ⇛ 3.2: Adustment and prolongation of criteria
Requirement O7 has been changed and in requirement O11 a specification has been added. Furthermore, the criteria have been prolonged with 18 months and are valid to 31 December 2020. The new version is called 3.2.
3.0 ⇛ 3.1: Adjustment of criteria
- Requirement O1 has been changed for retail chains. The sales of groceries must be calculated for the chain as a whole, and not only for the stores that are included in the licence.
- The definition of a retail chain has been changed. It has been decided to remove the minimum limit of five stores for a retail chain.
The new version is called 3.1.
3.0: New criteria generation
Version 3.0 of Nordic Ecolabelling's criteria for grocery store has been published. The new version is valid until June 30th 2019.
We are so happy you decided to send in an application for the Nordic Swan Ecolabel!
To Nordic Swan Ecolabel a store or a retail chain is to work all-encompassing with your environmental work. To become Nordic Swan Ecolabelled, you must live up to requirements that affect both the store's sales and the operation of the store.
A Nordic Swan Ecolabelled store meets environmental requirements in a number of different areas such as assortment, energy, waste, etc.
Here's how you apply for a Nordic Swan Ecolabel licence for your store o retail chain
- Fill in and submit an application form to Ecolabelling Sweden.
- Once we have received your application, you will receive an e-mail from our advisor with login details to our application portal. In the portal you will manage the entire application for a Nordic Swan Ecolabel licence for your store. Log in to the portal.
- During the whole application process, you will have full support from your advisor at Ecolabelling Sweden, and when the application starts becoming complete, your advisor will come to your store for a so-called inspection visit. In this way we check that your submitted documentation is in accordance with reality.
- When the entire application is complete and both the advisor and our internal inspector have approved your application, you will receive an e-mail with a licence certificate confirming that your store is now Nordic Swan Ecolabelled.
- You may now start marketing your store as Nordic Swan Ecolabelled. Please, read here for more information about marketing your ecolabel in your store.
We wish you luck with your application and, most importantly, your work towards a more sustainable world!