Floor coverings 029
A Nordic Swan Ecolabelled floor covering:
• Has a high proportion of renewable and/or recycled materials.
• Meets stringent requirements on chemicals harmful to health and the environment
• Guarantees low emissions and a good indoor environment.
• Has been manufactured energy efficiently.
• Has good durability.
Fees valid from January 1st, 2019 until further notice
Application fee including one on-site inspection within the Nordic region *) 30 000 SEK excl. VAT. Renewal fee *) 15 000 SEK excl. VAT.
Annual licence fee:
Annual Nordic licence fee**) 0,3 % of the licence's annual turnover in the Nordic countries excl. VAT Minimum fee for the Nordic countries 2 000 EUR annually excl. VAT Maximum fee for the Nordic countries 100 000 EUR excl. VAT Annual licence fee outside the Nordic countries (for licence holders with a turnover of more than 300 000 EUR of Nordic Swan ecolabelled products, sold outside the Nordic countries) 2 000 EUR annually excl. VAT
If the Nordic Swan ecolabelled products are only sold outside the Nordic countries, a minimum fee is always charged.
Fee for extensions/alterations of licence:
Extension/alteration of existing licence The fee is based on how long it takes to handle the matter:
- Less than 4 hours: 3 750 SEK excl. VAT
- Between 4 and 8 hours: 7 500 SEK excl. VAT
- More than 8 hours: 15 000 SEK excl. VAT
Fees for on-site inspections:
Extra fee for additional on-site inspection within the Nordic countries 5 000 SEK excl. VAT per visit On-site inspection outside the Nordic region, but within Europe***) 15 000 SEK excl. VAT per visit On-site inspections outside Europe***) 25 000 SEK excl. VAT per visit
Euro rate: The exchange rate of the first day of the year is used to convert amounts in Euro to national currency:
*) Micro enterprises are charged half the fee. A micro enterprise, according to our definition, is a company with a maximum of 10 employees and with a total turnover of €2 000 000 (including both ecolabelled and non-ecolabelled products).
**) Corporations pay only one licence fee
***) There is an extra fee of 1 000 EUR per day if the inspection takes more than one day.
Compilation of hearing statementsSwedish / 6.6
Information on the latest version of the criteria for floor coverings
6.5 ⇛ 6.6: Prolongation
The validity of the criteria Group has been prolonged with 18 months to the 30 June 2023. The new version is called 6.6.
6.4 ⇛ 6.5: Adjustments of the criteria
Requirements O19, O22, O31 and O32 have been adjusted as to halogenated sustances. The new version, 6.5, is valid until December 31st, 2021.
6.3 ⇛ 6.4: Adjustments of the criteria
Requirements O19 and O27 have been adjusted to harmonize with the corresponding requirements in the criteria of Nordic Ecolabelling for Textiles. The new version, 6.4, is valid until December 31st, 2021.
6.2 ⇛ 6.3: Prolongation
Nordic Ecolabelling’s Criteria Group decided on 14 December 2017 to prolong the criteria with 24 months to the 31 December 2021.
The new version is called 6.3.
6.1 ⇛ 6.2: Adjustments of the criteria
- O5: The share of raw material (wood and bamboo) from certified areas has been changed to 50 per cent.
- O22: An exemption for polymerized vinylchloride in sealants and adhesives, in concentrations up to 2,0 weight% has been introduced.
The new version, 6.2, is valid until December 31st, 2019.
6.0 ⇛ 6.1: Adjustments of the criteria
The following adjustments have been introduced:
- For requirement O17 the limit is raised to 15% by weight.
- And exception is introduced in O22 to clarify that epoxy acrylate in UV-varnishes are not banned or restricted.
- Requirement O38 on durability are completed with a calculation method regarding parquet flooring.
- An error on Appendix 9 regarding CMR-substances is corrected.
Version 6.1 is valid until December 31st 2019.
6.0: New criteria generation
A new generation of Nordic Ecolabel's criteria for floor coverings has been published. Version 6.0 of the criteria is valid until December 31st 2019.
We are so happy you decided to send in an application for the Nordic Swan Ecolabel!
The application process starts by you downloading the application form and filling it in. You then send it to Ecolabelling Sweden.
We will register your application and send you a confirmation. You will also be assigned an advisor who will help you through the application process.
During this process, you will send in documentation that proves that your product can successfully meet each of Nordic Ecolabelling’s requirements for your specific product group.
The application consists of these parts:
- Completed application form
- Documentation Overview
- Documentation showing fulfilment of all requirements according to the criteria document
Once your product has been approved – not before, you have the right to use the Nordic Swan Ecolabel in all your marketing as long as your licence is valid.
We wish you luck with your application and, most importantly, your work towards a more sustainable world!
For more information: "Application step by step"