Cleaning of liquid damaged electronics
Nordic Ecolabelling gives you the opportunity to comment on the proposal for criteria for Nordic Swan Ecolabelling for Cleaning of liquid damaged electronics. Your comments are important and will be considered by the national Ecolabelling boards and the Nordic Ecolabelling Board.
We look forward to your comments, which should be sent to the Nordic Ecolabelling no later than 11 June 2019 to be taken into consideration.
Please find the proposed criteria for download further down on this page.
Introduction to the criteria
The product group covers cleaning of liquid damaged electronic products like mobile phones, tablets and personal computers.
Cleaning of liquid damaged electronic is in itself, a business that stimulate the circular economy, since it prolongs the lifetime of the electronic product – and thereby reduce the amount of electronic waist and the need to produce new electronic product.
Nordic Swan Ecolabel criteria for cleaning of liquid damaged electronic products focus on assuring that the costumer experience the service as a good alternative to throwing out and buying new products, and to assure that the service is done with as small an environmental impact as possible.
Nordic Swan Ecolabel set requirements on:
• Documenting a high saviving percentage of the received liquid damaged electronic products.
• Stop of corrosion of the electronic product so later damages of the liquid damage is prevented.
• The cleaning and drying of the electronic product must not take more than one working day to ensure as little inconvenience for the consumer as possible.
• Limitation on the energy- and water consumption during the cleaning and drying process.
• All chemicals used in the service must be ecolabelled.
• Correct handling of electronic waste that occurs as part of the service.
Nordic Ecolabelling is interested in all input, but particularly in comments on the following issues
1. The requirements set on quality and speed of the service (O2–O4), especially the requirement on stop of corrosion.
2. The test of heavy metals from the wastewater (O7).
3. The requirement on handling electronic waste that appear when saving the electronic product or for those products that cannot be saved (O9).
4. Quality and regulatory requirements, adapted to a situation where the licensee do not have the direct end consumer contact (O10–O17).
Documents for download
Please let us know if you prefer a hard copy, and we will send you one by mail.
Who can provide input?
All people, companies and institutions who are interested in taking part in the development work of Nordic Ecolabelling criteria Cleaning of liquid damaged electronics can provide us with their opinions and comments. We would appreciate if you kindly distribute information about this review to whom it may concern.
How can comments be sent in?
Your input is most valuable to our criteria development. We prefer to receive your answers via the form below, via mail or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further questions, please contact Richard Harbrecht, Product Specialist, see contact card.
What happens next?
When the consultation period is complete, the answers will be compiled and evaluated. For this reason, a new revised proposal for criteria will be submitted to the Swedish Ecolabelling Board and the other national committees. On this basis, the Nordic Ecolabelling Board will then decide on new criteria.
Part of the decision document is the summary of all consultation responses together with answers from Nordic Ecolabelling. The summary will be public and available on the Ecolabelling Sweden website in connection with the publication of the new criteria.
We look forward to receiving your comments no later than 11 June 2019.