In the autumn when it gets cooler outside, it's nice to come home and crawl into a cozy bed. We spend a large part of our lives in the bedroom, and therefore we think it is important that you can choose the right things for both the environment and your health.
If you already have everything in your bedroom - good. Don't buy new unless you really need to. But if you are going to buy new things - consider choosing products that have a low environmental impact and at the same time have high quality. The Nordic Swan Ecolabel is found on beds, mattresses, bedding and now also on bedside tables - the first Nordic Swan Ecolabelled bedside table comes from Zebra Collection.
What more can you think of to enhance your sleep? Here are seven tips for better sleep:
- Make sure the room you sleep in is dark, cool (14-18 °C) and quiet.
- Skip soft drinks, coffee and tea 6 hours before going to bed.
- Hungry before bedtime? Eat something light to dampen your animal instincts to search for food. This reduces the level of adrenaline that makes us tick.
- Lie down and get up at the same time. The brainjust loves it!
- Unwind before going to bed. Read a book, do a breathing exercise, meditate or something else that will make you calm.
- Make a to-do list if you are worried about everything you need to do and remember for tomorrow.
- Hard to fall asleep anyway? Do something boring, for example, read an old annual report until you get sleepy.
Nordic Ecolabelled furniture meets environmental requirements for raw materials such as wood, metal, upholstery and plastics. There are also stringent requirements for chemicals used in the manufacturing process. Nordic Ecolabelled furniture also maintains high quality, is tested for durability and is among the least environmentally harmful on the market.
Find your new Nordic Swan Ecolabelled bed
Nordic Swan Ecolabelled bedside tables
Nordic Swan Ecolabelled quilts & pillows
Nordic Swan Ecolabelled bedding