Consultation concerning revised criteria
Supplies for microfiber-based cleaning
Nordic Ecolabelling gives you the opportunity to comment on the proposal for criteria Nordic Ecolabelling of Supplies for microfiber-based cleaning, version 3.0.
Your comments are important and will be considered by the national Ecolabelling boards and the Nordic Ecolabelling Board. Please find the proposed criteria for download on our website under the heading” Current consultations”.
We look forward to your comments, which should be sent to Ecolabelling Sweden no later than June 26, 2022 to be taken into consideration.
What has been changed?
- Requirements for textiles regarding proportion of recycled material, renewable material or manufacturing
- Stricter and new requirements for chemicals
- New requirement for energy and water consumption during textile production
- New requirement for durability of the products
- New requirement for test of loss of fibre fragments during washing
- New requirement for annual control of suppliers
- New requirement for labour rights in textile production (Social and ethical requirements)
We are particularly interested in getting comments on the following points:
- Requirement O7 Polyamide
- Requirement O8 Polyester
- Requirement O11 Cotton
- Requirement O16 Regenerated cellulose fibre: manufacturing
- Requirement O27 Best Available Techniques (BAT)
- Requirement O41 Dimensional changes
- Requirement O43 Durability of the products
- Requirement O46 Abrasion (damage to the cleaned surface)
- Requirement O51 Labour rights in textile production (Social and ethical requirements)
- Requirement O52 Control and assessment of suppliers
Please find the proposed criteria for download further down on this page.
Documents for download: