Consultation concerning new criteria for Nordic Ecolabel e-commerce logistics, generation 1.0
Nordic Ecolabelling gives you the opportunity to comment on the proposal for criteria for Nordic Swan Ecolabel e-commerce logistics. Your comments are important both for the quality of the final criteria and for the impact on the market. All people, companies and institutions who are interested in the development of Nordic Swan Ecolabelled e-commerce logistics are welcome to provide consultation comments. We would appreciate if you kindly distribute information about this consultation to whom it may concern.
Please find the proposed criteria for download further down on this page. We look forward to your comments no later than Augusti 31, 2022 to be taken into consideration.
Nordic Ecolabelling will hold a webinar on two different occasions, where we present the criteria proposal and you are able to ask questions:
- June 20, 13.00 -14.30 (in Scandinavian language)
- August 19, 9.00-10.00 (in English)
You are very welcome to attend. Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Nordic Swan Ecolabel is the official third-party label of the Nordic region, with compliance reviews that offers:
- Consumers a well-known, sustainable, and credible choice of delivery.
- Logistics operators a credible and visible acknowledgment on their sustainability efforts.
- E-commerce companies a support at their sustainability work and a credible ecolabel to communicate at check-out.
The Nordic Swan Ecolabel is the natural choice for those with higher ambitions, who want to be among the very best in their industry, because the ecolabel:
- Sets requirements on both climate and environmental performance and social aspects.
- Takes a holistic approach that includes both transport efficiency, a high rate in electrification and a high share of sustainable renewable fuels.
- Addresses key issues such as coordination, intermodal transport and slightly longer time in the logistic system to create the conditions for increased sustainability.
All input on the hearing proposal is valuable, particularly since it is the first version of criteria. But we have high-lighten some areas which we, in particular, would like you to comment on:
- The network of transportation is, to different extent, an integrated network where both ecommerce goods and other goods are transported. Appendix 3 contain the allocation principles that shall be used to as far as possible, to separate the e-commerce transports from other goods transports.
- Certain requirements need to be differentiated depending on how large extent of the households in the country the transport/logistic company cover (i.e. degree of national coverage). To deliver in sparsely populated areas and in the northern parts of the Nordics imply greater challenges as regards to electrified vehicles and fossil free fuels. Due to this, req. O11 for instance, consist of different limit values depending on national coverage.
- A calculation tool STEP, has been developed where fuel volumes (on component level), number of consignments and average volume per shipment shall be reported at the time of application and then annually. STEP is used for reporting and show fulfilment with requirements O5 – O7. Rules and principles for input of data are described in Appendix 2. Nordic Ecolabelling would like consultation comments also on calculation tool STEP and Appendix 2.
- Renewable fuel must be produced of sustainable raw material, see requirement O8, and palm oil and PFAD is excluded for now. PFAD is by finnish authorities, defined as a residual product. This means that in Finland biodiesel as well as fossil diesel with a component of biodiesel can contain PFAD to a larger extent. Comments on both the requirement and how it should be documented are requested.
- Even though the Nordic Swan Ecolabel is very well -known among Nordic consumers, the label shall in the check-out, be accompanied by a short defintion and a sentence that explains what a Nordic Swan Ecolabelled e-commerce transport means, see req. O19.