099 Liquid and gaseous fuels
Consultation concerning revised criteria for Nordic Ecolabelling for Liquid and gaseous fuels
Nordic Ecolabelling gives you the opportunity to comment on the proposal for criteria for Nordic Swan Ecolabelling for Liquid and gaseous fuels. Your comments are important and will be considered by the national Ecolabelling boards and the Nordic Ecolabelling Board.
We look forward to your comments, which should be sent to the Nordic Ecolabelling no later than 9 September 9th, 2022 to be taken into consideration.
Please find the proposed criteria for download further down on this page.
What has been changed?
- Expanding the criteria to include bio-LPG (also know as renewable propane or bio-propane) primarily sold in bottles/tanks for transport, heating and industrial purposes.
- The requirement for share of renewable raw materials has been tightened to 100% for all types of Nordic Swan Ecolabelled fuels.
- Excluding the possibility to use food- and feed crops in the production of liquid and gaseous fuels.
- Excluding the possibility to use primary feedstocks in the production of gaseous fuels - only biogenic residue and waste are allowed to be used.
- The requirement for reduction of greenhouse gas emissions has been tightened.
We wish to highlight the following points in the consultation draft:
Nordic Ecolabelling would like to have comments on the complete criteria set, but would like to highlight the following points:
- The possibility to Nordic Swan Ecolabel bottles/tanks containing 100% renewable propane (bio-LPG) based on mass balance. This means that the individual Ecolabelled gas bottle does not contain 100% renewable molecules but a mix of fossil and renewable molecules. However, the quantity of purchased renewable propane is equal to the quantity of the sold Nordic Swan Ecolabelled product. Trade in certificates, so called Book and claim is not accepted.
- Requirement for use of raw materials, especially; Excluding the possibility to use food- and feed crops in the production of liquid and gaseous fuels and Excluding the possibility to use primary feedstocks in the production of gaseous fuels - only biogenic residue and waste are allowed to be used
- The requirement for reduction of greenhouse gas emissions