White Goods 003
The greatest environmental impact caused by a white good comes from its use. These Nordic Ecolabel criteria focus therefore on requirements regarding the use of the machine.
To be awarded a Nordic Ecolabel licence, a machine must meet environmental requirements without compromising on performance. Energy requirements are based on the EU’s energy labelling regulations. A Nordic Ecolabelled white good fulfils requirements in a number of areas, such as:
– Electricity and water consumption
– The product’s functional washing, rinsing, spinning and drying performance and condensing efficiency.
– The reduced impact on the ozone layer through a ban on the use of ozone depleting refrigerants and foaming agents
– A reduced contribution to global warming through requirements to minimise use of substances that emit CO2 (eq) to the atmosphere
– Reduced use of substances that are hazardous to health and the environment by applying requirements to certain materials and chemicals
– Material recyclinga
– Correct use of white goods, with full information and instructions for the customer.
Fees valid from January 1st, 2019 until further notice
Application fee including one on-site inspection *) 30 000 SEK excl. VAT. Renewal fee *) 15 000 SEK excl. VAT.
Annual licence fee:
Annual Nordic licence fee**) 0,3 % of the licence's annual turnover in the Nordic countries excl. VAT Minimum fee for the Nordic countries 2 000 EUR annually excl. VAT Maximum fee for the Nordic countries 100 000 EUR excl. VAT Annual licence fee outside the Nordic countries (for licence holders with a turnover of more than 300 000 EUR of Nordic Swan ecolabelled products, sold outside the Nordic countries) 2 000 EUR annually excl. VAT
If the Nordic Swan ecolabelled products are only sold outside the Nordic countries, a minimum fee is always charged.
Fee for extensions/alterations of licence:
Extension/alteration of existing licence The fee is based on how long it takes to handle the matter:
- Less than 4 hours: 3 750 SEK excl. VAT
- Between 4 and 8 hours: 7 500 SEK excl. VAT
- More than 8 hours: 15 000 SEK excl. VAT
Fees for on-site inspections:
Extra fee for additional on-site inspection within the Nordic countries 5 000 SEK excl. VAT per visit On-site inspection outside the Nordic region, but within Europe***) 15 000 SEK excl. VAT per visit On-site inspections outside Europe***) 25 000 SEK excl. VAT per visit
Euro rate: The exchange rate of the first day of the year is used to convert amounts in Euro to national currency:
*) Micro enterprises are charged half the fee. A micro enterprise, according to our definition, is a company with a maximum of 10 employees and with a total turnover of €2 000 000 (including both ecolabelled and non-ecolabelled products).
**) Corporations pay only one licence fee
***) There is an extra fee of 1 000 EUR per day if the inspection takes more than one day.
Compilation of hearing statementsSwedish / 5.4
Information on the latest version of the criteria for white goods
5.3 ⇛ 5.4: Prolongation of criteria's validity
The validity of the criteria has been prolonged. At the same time requirement O38 Take-back system has been removed. The new version, 5.4, is valid until December 31st 2020.
5.2 ⇛ 5.3: Inclusion of new product in the criteria
Commercial beverage coolers are now included in the criteria.The new version, 5.3, is valid until December 31st 2018.
5.1 ⇛ 5.2: Prolongation of criteria's validity
The validity of the criteria has been prolonged. The new version, 5.2, is valid until December 31st 2018.
5.0 ⇛ 5.1: Alteration of criteria
- Requirement O12, for fridge/freezer, has been adjusted.
- The documentation requirements for O31–O32 and O34–O38 have been adjusted.
The new version, 5.1, is valid until June 30th 2017.
We are so happy you decided to send in an application for the Nordic Swan Ecolabel!
The application process starts by you downloading the application form and filling it in. You then send it to Ecolabelling Sweden.
We will register your application and send you a confirmation. You will also be assigned an advisor who will help you through the application process.
During this process, you will send in documentation that proves that your product can successfully meet each of Nordic Ecolabelling’s requirements for your specific product group.
The application consists of these parts:
- Completed application form
- Documentation Overview
- Documentation showing fulfilment of all requirements according to the criteria document
Once your product has been approved – not before, you have the right to use the Nordic Swan Ecolabel in all your marketing as long as your licence is valid.
We wish you luck with your application and, most importantly, your work towards a more sustainable world!
For more information: "Application step by step"