Heat pumps 059
The following types of heat pump units can be Nordic Ecolabelled:
• air–air heat pumps,
• air–water heat pumps and
• liquid-water heat pumps
The Nordic Ecolabel imposes requirements with regard to chemicals, materials, energy efficiency, noise, warranty and customer information. The environmental aspect is considered throughout the manufacturing process, from raw materials to production, during operation of the heat pump and at end-of-life.
A Nordic Ecolabelled heat pump:
• has a high energy efficiency and a low contribution to climate change
• imposes stringent environmental requirements both on the production process and on the materials used
• generates a low level of noise
• has the correct dimensions for the property in question
• gives the buyer the option of having the heat pump installed by a competent fitter and receiving relevant information about electricity supply requirements
• provides information on environmentally friendly handling of end-of-life heat pumps.
Fees valid from January 1st, 2019 until further notice
Application fee including one on-site inspection within the Nordic region *) 30 000 SEK excl. VAT. Inspection of 1 type of pump (air-air / air-water / water-water etc.) is included in the application fee. For inspection of aditional types, 30 000 SEK excl. VAT per type will be charged. Renewal fee *) 15 000 SEK excl. VAT. Inspection of 1 type of pump is included in the fee. For inspection of aditional types, 15 000 SEK excl. VAT per type will be charged.
Annual licence fee:
Annual Nordic licence fee**) 0,3 % of the licence's annual turnover in the Nordic countries, excl. VAT Minimum fee for the Nordic countries 2 000 EUR annually excl. VAT Maximum fee for the Nordic countries 100 000 EUR annually excl. VAT Annual licence fee outside the Nordic countries (for licence holders with a turnover of more than 300 000 EUR of Nordic Swan ecolabelled products, sold outside the Nordic countries) 2 000 EUR annually excl. VAT
If the Nordic Swan ecolabelled products are only sold outside the Nordic countries, a minimum fee is always charged.
Fee for extensions/alterations of licence:
Extension/alteration of existing licence Should the extension regard inspection of types of pump (air-air, air-water, water-water etc.), which are not already included in the licence, 30 000 SEK excl. VAT will be charged per series.
Other types of alterations will be charged according to how long it takes to deal with the matter:
- Less than 4 hours: 3 750 SEK excl. VAT
- Between 4 and 8 hours: 7 500 SEK excl. VAT
- More than 8 hours: 15 000 SEK excl. VAT
Fees for on-site inspections:
Extra fee for additional on-site inspection within the Nordic countries 5 000 SEK excl. VAT per visit On-site inspection outside the Nordic region, but within Europe***) 15 000 SEK excl. VAT per visit On-site inspections outside Europe***) 25 000 SEK excl. VAT per visit
Euro rate: The exchange rate of the first day of the year is used to convert amounts in Euro to national currency:
*) Micro enterprises are charged half the fee. A micro enterprise, according to our definition, is a company with a maximum of 10 employees and with a total turnover of €2 000 000 (including both ecolabelled and non-ecolabelled products).
**) Corporations pay only one licence fee
***) There is an extra fee of 1 000 EUR per day if the inspection takes more than one day.
Information on the latest version of the criteria for heat pumps
3.4 ⇛ 3.5: Prolongation of criteria's validity
The criteria's validity has been prolonged with 5 months. The new version, 3.5, is valid until March 31st 2021.
3.3 ⇛ 3.4: Prolongation of criteria's validity
The criteria's validity has been prolonged with 19 months. The new version, 3.4, is valid until October 31st 2020.
3.2 ⇛ 3.3: Prolongation of criteria's validity
The criteria's validity has been prolonged. The new version, 3.3, is valid until March 31st 2019.
3.1 ⇛ 3.2: Alteration of criteria
- Plastic and rubber parts with weight <25 grams have been excluded from requirement R1 Description of the manufacturing process and materials, R6 Flame retardants in plastic and rubber parts and R7 Phthalates in plastic and rubber parts.
- Contact Pasta consisting of zinc oxide classified as environmentally hazardous with H410 is excluded in R2.
- R25: Requirement R25, marketing, has been removed.
The new version, 3.2, is valid until March 31st 2017.
3.0 ⇛ 3.1: Alteration of criteria
- O6: Requirement O6 regarding flame retardants in plastic and rubber parts has been adjusted. It has been made more clear that printed circuit boards are exempted from the prohibition of the addition of TBBP-A. The new version, 3.1, is valid until March 31st 2017.
We are so happy you decided to send in an application for the Nordic Swan Ecolabel!
The application process starts by you downloading the application form and filling it in. You then send it to Ecolabelling Sweden.
We will register your application and send you a confirmation. You will also be assigned an advisor who will help you through the application process.
During this process, you will send in documentation that proves that your product can successfully meet each of Nordic Ecolabelling’s requirements for your specific product group.
The application consists of these parts:
- Completed application form
- Documentation Overview
- Documentation showing fulfilment of all requirements according to the criteria document
Once your product has been approved – not before, you have the right to use the Nordic Swan Ecolabel in all your marketing as long as your licence is valid.
We wish you luck with your application and, most importantly, your work towards a more sustainable world!
For more information: "Application step by step"