Durable/resistant wood for outdoor use 086
Nordic Ecolabelled durable wood is an alternative to conventionally impregnated wood and is recognized by:
- no heavy metals or biocides are added
- problem-free as waste
- produced from wood from sustainable forestry
- has sufficient biological durability
Fees valid from January 1st, 2019 until further notice
Application fee including one on-site inspection within the Nordic region *) 30 000 SEK excl. VAT. Inspection of two wood types / treatment methods is included in the application fee. For inspection of aditional treatment methods / wood types, 15 000 SEK excl. VAT per types / methods will be charged. Renewal fee *) 15 000 SEK excl. VAT. Inspection of two wood types / treatment methods is included in the fee. For inspection of aditional treatment methods / wood types, 7 500 SEK excl. VAT per types / methods will be charged.
Annual licence fee:
Annual Nordic licence fee**) 0,3 % + VAT of the turnover in the Nordic countries up to 50 000 000 EUR.
0,05% + VAT of the part of the turnover in the Nordic countries that exceeds 50 000 000 EUR.
Minimum fee for the Nordic countries 2 000 EUR annually excl. VAT Maximum fee for the Nordic countries No maximum fee Annual licence fee outside the Nordic countries (for licence holders with a turnover of more than 300 000 EUR of Nordic Swan ecolabelled products, sold outside the Nordic countries) 2 000 EUR annually excl. VAT
If the Nordic Swan ecolabelled products are only sold outside the Nordic countries, a minimum fee is always charged.
Fee for extensions/alterations of licence:
Extension/alteration of existing licence Should the extension regard inspection of wood types / treatment methods, which are not already included in the licence, 15 000 SEK excl. VAT will be charged per wood type / treatment method.
Other types of alterations will be charged according to how long it takes to deal with the matter:
- Less than 4 hours: 3 750 SEK excl. VAT
- Between 4 and 8 hours: 7 500 SEK excl. VAT
- More than 8 hours: 15 000 SEK excl. VAT
Fees for on-site inspections:
Extra fee for additional on-site inspection within the Nordic countries 5 000 SEK excl. VAT per visit On-site inspection outside the Nordic region, but within Europe***) 15 000 SEK excl. VAT per visit On-site inspections outside Europe***) 25 000 SEK excl. VAT per visit
Euro rate: The exchange rate of the first day of the year is used to convert amounts in Euro to national currency:
*) Micro enterprises are charged half the fee. A micro enterprise, according to our definition, is a company with a maximum of 10 employees and with a total turnover of €2 000 000 (including both ecolabelled and non-ecolabelled products).
**) Concerns pay only one licence fee
***) There is an extra fee of 1 000 EUR per day if the inspection takes more than one day.
Compilation of hearing statementsNorwegian / 2.5
Information on the latest version of the criteria for durable/resistant wood for outdoor use
2.4 ⇛ 2.5: Adjusted criteria
Requirement O11B has been adapted to the new forestry requirements adopted by the Nordic Ecolabelling Board on 2 June 2020. The new version is called 2.4.
2.3 ⇛2.4: Prolongation of criteria's validity
The validity of the criteria has been extented w3ith 24 months. The new version, 2.4, is valid until 31 December 2023.
2.2 ⇛2.3: Prolongation of criteria's validity
The validity of the criteria has been extented with 24 months. The new version, 2.3, is valid until 31 December 2021.
2.1 ⇛ 2.2: Adjusted criteria
Two adjustments have been introduced:
- Data on energy use (MJ/m3 dried wood) shall, as far as possible, be given by suppliers / sawmill. The adjustment also implies that moisture content in raw material and final product shall be given.
- References to the classification of health and environmental hazards in accordance with the Dangerous Preparations Directive (1999/45/EC) has been removed, due to the replacement by the CLP Regulation.
The new version is called 2.2.
2.0 ⇛ 2.1: Adjusted criteria
Two adjustments have been introduced:
- Wood with natural durability is a part of the product group and requirement O14 is clarified with how wood with natural durability shall verify the requirements on durability.
- Due to new classifications for two chemicals used in the process to chemically modify wood, the requirement O4 are completed with more exemptions (the classification Acute toxicity and Specific target organ toxicity for furfuryl alcohol and the classification Specific target organ toxicity for maleic acid anhydride).
At the same time, the new requirements on forestry were introduced as an alternative way to fulfill the wood requirements. The new forestry requirements implicate that the licence holder must be Chain of Custody-certified.
The new version, 2.1, is valid until December 31st 2019.
1.5 ⇛ 2.0: Revised criteria
Nordic Ecolabel's criteria for durable/resistant wood have been revised. The new version, 2.0, is valid until December 31st 2019.
We are so happy you decided to send in an application for the Nordic Swan Ecolabel!
The application process starts by you downloading the application form and filling it in. You then send it to Ecolabelling Sweden.
We will register your application and send you a confirmation. You will also be assigned an advisor who will help you through the application process.
During this process, you will send in documentation that proves that your product can successfully meet each of Nordic Ecolabelling’s requirements for your specific product group.
The application consists of these parts:
- Completed application form
- Documentation Overview
- Documentation showing fulfilment of all requirements according to the criteria document
Once your product has been approved – not before, you have the right to use the Nordic Swan Ecolabel in all your marketing as long as your licence is valid.
We wish you luck with your application and, most importantly, your work towards a more sustainable world!
For more information: "Application step by step"