Dishwasher detergents for professional use 080
Complete dishwasher detergents, multi-component systems, rinse aids and soaking agents for professional use in institutional and large-scale kitchens can be Nordic Swan Ecolabelled. The criteria also cover products used for instrument cleaning in healthcare (products for washer disinfectors and disinfection machines).
The requirements include:
- Environmental properties (ecotoxicity and biodegradability) of the chemicals used in the products.
- Health properties of the chemicals used in the products. For example, no use of perfumes, CMR-classified substances or other particularly problematic substances such as endocrine disruptors and suspected endocrine disruptors on lists from the EU and national authorities.
- Efficiency tests.
- Recyclable design of the packaging (and reuse of larger packaging) which contributes to a circular economy.
For calculations and for more information on chemicals, please use:
Valid from 1 January 2021 Amount excluding VAT
Application for a new licence 3 000 EUR. Inspection of four recipes is included in the application fee. For inspection of additional recipes, 750 EUR per recipe will be charged. Application for a renewed licence when the requirements have been tightened 1 500 EUR. Inspection of four recipes is included in the fee. For inspection of additional recipes, 375 EUR per recipe will be charged.
Annual licence fee
The licence fee for the ecolabelled products is based on their turnover in the Nordic countries The fee is 0,3 % of the products' turnover in the Nordic countries up to 30 million EUR.
The fee is 0,05 % of the products' turnover in the Nordic countries for the amount exceeding EUR.
Minimum fee in the Nordic countries 2 000 EUR per year. Fixed fee that is added for sales outside the Nordic countries 2 000 EUR per year if the turnover exceeds 300 000 EUR.
Fee for extension / change of licence
Should the extension regard inspection of recipes, which are not already included in the licence, 7 500 SEK excl. VAT will be charged per recipe. Other types of alterations will be charged according to how long the work takes.
Up to 4 hours 375 EUR. 4–8 hours 750 EUR. 8 or more hours 1 500 EUR.
Fee for on-site inspections
One on-site inspection in the Nordic countries is included when applying for a new or renewed licence.
Additional on-site inspection within the Nordic countries 500 EUR per visit. On-site inspection outside the Nordic region, but within Europe 1 500 EUR per visit. On-site inspection outside Europe 2 500 EUR per visit. Additional fee for on-site inspections lasting longer than one day 1 000 EUR per day.
Ecolabelling Sweden AB has no financial profit purpose and is financed through the fees above along with an annual government grant. The company is however liable for VAT according to article 56 of the European Council Directive 2006/112/EC.
Invoicing is made in SEK with the exchange rate from the first banking day of the year.
When both the applicant and the manufacturer are micro-enterprises, the application fee is reduced by 50%. A micro-enterprise is in this context defined as an enterprise with less than 10 employees and an annual turnover (of both ecolabelled and not ecolabelled products) below 2 million EUR.
Criteria documentSwedish / 3.0
Criteria documentSwedish / 2.11
Writable declarationsSwedish / 2.11
Writable declarationsSwedish / 3.0
Folder structureSwedish / 2.11
Criteria documentEnglish / 3.0
Criteria documentEnglish / 2.11
Writable declarationsEnglish / 2.11
Writable declarationsEnglish / 3.0
Folder structureEnglish / 2.11
Compilation of hearing statementsSwedish / 2.11
Compilation of hearing statementsSwedish / 3.0
Calculation sheetEnglish / 3.0
Dishwasher detergents for prof 080 CDV calculation DID2016English / 2.11
Dishwasher detergents prof 080 CDV calculation DID2014English / 2.11
DID List part A 2016English / 3.0
DID List part B 2016English / 3.0
Information on the latest version of the criteria for dishwasher detergents for professional use
3.0: New generation of criteria published
The Nordic Ecolabelling Board has decided on a new generation of criteria for dishwasher detergent for professional use on 25 November 2021. The new generation, 3.0, is valid until 31 December 2026.
2.10 ⇛ 2.11: Adjustment of the criteria
K4 has been adjusted for a transition period for titanium dioxide. The new version, 2.11, is valid until 31 December 2022.
2.9 ⇛ 2.10 Extension of validity of the criteria
The validity of the criteria has been prolonged with 9 months. The new version, 2.10, is valid until 31 December 2022.
2.8 ⇛ 2.9 Extension of validity of the criteria
The validity of the criteria has been prolonged with 24 months. The new version, 2.9, is valid until 31 March 2022.
2.7 ⇛ 2.8: Adjustment of the criteria
R3, R4 och R10 have been adjusted so that references to expired legislation have been deleted. Furthermore R28 Take-back system has been removed. The new versionn, 2.8, is valid to 31 mars 2020.
2.6 ⇛ 2.7 Extension of validity of the criteria
The validity of the criteria has been prolonged with 24 months. The new version, 2.7, is valid until March 31st 2020.
2.5 ⇛ 2.6 Extension of validity of the criteria
The validity of the criteria has been prolonged with 24 months. The new version, 2.6, is valid until March 31st 2018.
2.4 ⇛ 2.5 Alteration of criteria
- R10: The enzyme subtilisin classified H411 is exempted from the requirement R10, Environmentally hazardous substances. The new version, 2.5, is valid until March 31st 2016.
2.3 ⇛ 2.4 Extension of validity of the criteria
The validity of the criteria have been extended with 21 months. The new version is called 2.4 and is valid until March 31st 2016.
2.2 ⇛ 2.3 Extension of criteria
- The definition of the product group has been developed and now includes products that are used in washer-disinfectors. Please read more about this on page 4 of the criteria document (What can carry the Nordic Ecolabel). R20, on page 13 has been adjusted because of the new definition of the product group.
- The safety data sheet must comply with applicable legislation in the country of application such as Annex II of REACH (Council Regulation 1907/2006/EEC) and later additions and changes. This addition applies to a number of different criteria.
- R12: Textual correction. Before it was referred to criterion R6 for surfactants which is incorrect since R6 contains details on enzymes. This has been adjusted and it is now referred to the correct criterion R5.
- Appendix III: The possibility to specify to what extent an ingredient contains listed substances (if yes, indicate concentration_______)
- R29: Textual correction. Now the Regulation for the Nordic Ecolabelling of products have been added to the text. It is also referred to the Regulations on page 16, Marketing section.
In order to use the Nordic Swan Ecolabel in your marketing, you must have a valid Nordic Swan Ecolabel licence. Please log in to The Nordic Ecolabelling Portal to apply for a licence. You are free to use the Nordic Swan Ecolabel in all of your marketing from the date of approval until your licence expires.
Go to The Nordic Ecolabelling Portal and start your application process!
If this is the first time you apply, an authorised signatory in your company must approve the terms and conditions for the Nordic Ecolabelling Portal. Then you will get a login to the portal and the right to assign access to other colleagues.
When you have filled in the power of attorney, you will receive an e-mail from us with your login credentials.
Start by going through the requirements and fees that apply to your specific product group. These can be found above.
In some cases, you must use our separate application form. For example, the form must be used in cases where the producer and licensee are two separate companies, or if you wish to cancel a licence. Please contact your advisor in these cases, or if you are unsure what applies to you. The form to be used in these special cases can be downloaded here.
For more details on the application process, please head to our application guide: "Application step by step".
Good luck with your application!