Swedish Ecolabelling Board
The Swedish Ecolabelling Board is responsible for Sweden's position on criteria issues regarding the Nordic Swan Ecolabel and the EU Ecolabel.
The members of the board are appointed by the Ecolabelling Sweden Board and the CEO of Ecolabelling Sweden is chairman.
- Alliance for the beverage Carton and the Environment (ACE)
- Confederation of Swedish Enterprise
- National Agency for Public Procurement
- Swedish Chemicals Agency
- Swedish Consumer Agency
- Swedish Consumers Association
- Swedish Energy Agency
- Swedish Environmental Protection Agency
- Swedish Society for Nature Conservation (SSNC)
- Swedish Trade Federation
- Swedish Water and Wastwater Association
When the Swedish Ecolabelling Committee has agreed on how Sweden should approach various criteria issues, this attitude is pursued when the Nordic Ecolabelling Board meets. It is the Nordic Ecolabelling Board that decides on which criteria should apply and which product groups should be Nordic Swan Ecolabelled.
When we develop criteria for a product group, we look at many different aspects. We find out if there is a major environmental problem that the product or service is linked to, we then investigate if there is room for improvement and thereafter assess whether the Nordic Swan Ecolabel can affect the product group's development. The EU Ecolabel works in a similar way.